We offer you this list of the things we are finding people are not doing when prepping for a move. – Bell Star Movers
Please be prepared for the teams arrival, as this makes everything go that much smoother, and in turn, you into your new home in less time.
- BE READY FOR US! There should be no picture frames, plants, cloths etc on items about to be moved.
- Empty fridge.
- Turn off the water for the dishwasher, washing machine and fridges.
- Pack small stuff into boxes. This will drastically increase the speed of the move.
- Make sure to use the correct brown tape when packing your boxes, other tapes just do not work as well and cause boxes to fall apart while being moved.
- Do not overload boxes. This causes the bottoms to break under the pressure.
- Unpack draws – we often turn things upside down to fit in better
- Empty weber’s and braai’s please…
- Double check delivery addresses, do not always trust whats on a website.
- Prearrange with security for the service elevator key, or side entrance gate key etc.
- Mark your boxes if they are fragile.
- Relax and let us take good care of you. A stressed out client can cause the whole team to be on edge.
- Don’t be a “back seat driver”… We know what we are doing and we do it well.